Make your greenhouse virtually indestructible by using our Superstrong Polycarbonate Glazing Panels instead of glass. We recommend a minimum gauge of 3mm for adequate rigidity. Some customers have told us 2mm thick polycarbonate is 'too bendy' particularly on larger panels to be fit for purpose.
Our polycarbonate is 200x stronger than glass and half its weight making it a superb, easy to use choice to replace broken or existing glass panels. Polycarbonate is also much stronger than acrylic alternatives. Because polycarbonate is so strong you can be confident you'll not need to replace your polycarbonate panels anytime soon.
Our polycarbonate also comes with a 10 year guarantee against yellowing, ageing and hailstones.
How To Order:
- Simply enter the measurements of your panels into our Cut To Size box above and we'll deliver the panels you need safely, ready to go in your greenhouse.
- If you would like a socket hole, area or shape cut out in your plastic or an angle you can order it above in our Optional Extras area.
- We call them Cut Outs; simply select from our Cut Outs menu the number of cut outs you need. For example, if you need a diagonal edge, a large hole and a corner cut off your plastic that would equal 3 cut outs; please choose ‘3’ from our Cut Outs menu.
- Then, click the upload sketch button to send a drawing of your requirements from your computer files. Your drawing will come to us along with your order.
That's it. If we have any questions, we'll be in touch.
How do I fit replacement greenhouse panels?
If your replacement panels are the same size as your original panels you can fit them in excatly the same way as your original panels. You can use the same clips. On wooden frames you can even drill polycarbonate on (it will not break) or use putty. If you like, we can drill any holes in ready for you. Just let us know as you order above.
Standard Tracked Delivery
We deliver most of our Cut To Size plastic within 3 days. Orders with optional extras normally deliver within 7 business days.
Our standard delivery service is across mainland UK and costs either £6.50 or £13.50 depending on the size of your order. If the plastic you choose is not available for standard delivery we will advise you.
If you live outside of mainland UK your delivery charge will be shown before you checkout: it will be either £20 or £25 depending on the size of your order.
Keep an eye on your inbox - we will email to let you know when your order is on its way. Our courier will also email you so you know when your delivery will arrive.
If for any reason your order is delayed, we will email to update you.
We recommend you allow time to take receipt of your goods and check them before you need to use them.
Our standard delivery service operates through mainland UK and costs either £6.50 and £13.50 depending on the size of your order. If your order cannot be delivered using our standard service we will advise you. If you live outside of mainland UK your delivery charge will be shown before you checkout: it will be either £20 or £25 depending on the size of your order.
If you have any special delivery instructions please include them as you place your order. Just before you pay online you will see a Special Notes Box - add them in there. Thanks. Please note we cannot update our drivers with new delivery information once your order is on its way.
Orders placed via this site can be collected from our trade counter. If you collect your order we will refund your delivery charge.
When you place an order with us you can expect:
- an email from us confirming your purchase
- an email from us when your order is on its way
- an email from our courier to let you know delivery details
- your order to arrive safely in excellent condition.
That's because we invest in a careful packaging and delivery service:
- we carefully cover your plastic to safeguard it during transit
- we add extra protection around all corners, which are more vulnerable
- we finish our protective packaging with a sturdy outer
- we send your plastic to you using reputable tracked services
- our plastic is also protected by film on both sides so when you receive it simply peel this off to reveal your plastic.
Receiving Your Delivery
Someone needs to sign for your order as it is delivered. If you are out when our courier delivers they will leave a card with details on how to pick up your order or rearrange delivery.
If your order arrives with any signs of damage please sign for it as DAMAGED. Please email us ideally within 24 hours to report any damage and let us know within 7 days for a refund or replacement.
No Quibble Returns
We aim to please. If we supply imperfect goods or get your order wrong please email and tell us within 7 days and we will replace or refund your order without fuss. Please keep the protective film on the plastic and don't try to use it.
If you want to return plastic to us you the cost of doing so is your responsibility. We recommend that you use a delivery service which insures the value of the order as the plastic remains your responsibility until it reaches us at:
The Plastic People Returns
221 Pontefract Lane
You have the right to cancel your order for any item purchased from The Plastic People for a full refund except bespoke, cut to size shape orders made to your specific specifications. If you wish to cancel your order please email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting your order number, within 7 working days of the day after you receive the goods.
If your order has already been processed when you email us, you will need to return the goods to us.