The Plastic People's coloured acrylic splashbacks are perfect for DIYer's, designers, builders, renovators and architects where a stunning image upgrade is needed quickly and cost effectively in homes or businesses.
Our coloured acrylic splashbacks are created by our plastic experts using premium coloured acrylic (Perspex) renowned for its depth of colour, durability, flexibility and workability. The result is a hand crafted splashback with sensational colour providing a high end look at a fraction of the cost of similar solutions. They are ideal in kitchens, bathrooms, vanities, spa surroundings, commercial fit outs, commercial wet areas, counter/bar fronts, as decorative wall features, for shop fittings and signage.
How To Order
- Please use our form above - firstly choose from our colour range
- Enter your measurements
- Select how many holes, screws etc you need
- Select how many socket holes you need. If you have other areas you need cutting out as well as socket holes include this in the quantity you order
- Upload your drawing to show us where your socket holes and cut out areas should be - remember we will follow your measurements so we advise they are always double checked (just in case!)
If you need a special shape or larger splashback we can provide that for you - email us your drawing and we'll reply with a quote.
- Acrylic splashbacks keep dust and grease marks off much more than stainless steel and glass.
- Acrylic splashbacks should be wiped clean with water or soapy water only.
- Acrylic splashbacks are very hygienic because there are few, if any, joins - and there's no more grouting.
- Acrylic splashbacks are half the weight of an equivalent glass sheet and 25 x more impact resistant - this makes them very light and safe to handle
- Fitting is typically 4 x faster than glass splashbacks or ceramic tiles
- Our splashbcaks can be screwed to new and existing walls. We can pre-drill holes for you, just select them in our form above. We suggest you order your holes and screws every 300mm.
Our non translucent splashbacks can also be fixed to new and existing walls using adhesive. We recommend the wall area is prepared white and Serious Stuff adhesive is thinly and evenly spread across the entire splashback before fixing into place. Please note that Serious Stuff dries white, not clear. A 200ml tube which covers approx 2 square metres.
Any joins can be sealed using neutral transparent silicone
- Acrylic splashbacks can be used behind cookers. The distance between the outer edge of a ceramic hob and the wall must be at least 60mm. The distance for gas hobs must be atleast 200mm.
- If you are unsure of a colour we recommend purchasing a sample so you can check it before placing your order.
- For large scale commercial projects our helpful Customer Services team can advice about more specific colour requirements, eg) to match schemes or brand colours.
Please allow 3 working days for delivery of this item.
Our standard delivery service costs either £6.50 and £13.50 depending on the size of your order. If your order cannot be delivered using our stndard service we will advise you.
Our standard delivery service operates through mainland UK and costs either £6.50 and £13.50 depending on the size of your order. If your order cannot be delivered using our standard service we will advise you. If you live outside of mainland UK your delivery charge will be shown before you checkout: it will be either £20 or £25 depending on the size of your order.
We aim to deliver our Cut To Size orders next day. We aim to deliver orders with optional extras in 3 days. Orders need to be place by 2pm to enable this. In the event of any difficulty we will email to advise you.
If you have any special delivery instructions please include them as you place your order. Just before you pay online you will see a Special Notes Box - add them in there. Thanks. Please note we cannot update our drivers with new delivery information once your order is on its way.
Orders placed via this site can be collected from our trade counter. If you collect your order we will refund your delivery charge.
When you place an order with us you can expect:
- an email from us confirming your purchase
- an email from us when your order is on its way
- an email from our courier to let you know delivery details
- your order to arrive safely in excellent condition.
That's because we invest in a careful packaging and delivery service:
- we carefully cover your plastic to safeguard it during transit
- we add extra protection around all corners, which are more vulnerable
- we finish our protective packaging with a sturdy outer
- we send your plastic to you using reputable tracked services
- our plastic is also protected by film on both sides so when you receive it simply peel this off to reveal your plastic.
Receiving Your Delivery
Someone needs to sign for your order as it is delivered. If you are out when our courier delivers they will leave a card with details on how to pick up your order or rearrange delivery.
If your order arrives with any signs of damage please sign for it as DAMAGED. Please email us ideally within 24 hours to report any damage and let us know within 7 days for a refund or replacement.
No Quibble Returns
We aim to please. If we supply imperfect goods or get your order wrong please email and tell us within 7 days and we will replace or refund your order without fuss. Please keep the protective film on the plastic and don't try to use it.
If you want to return plastic to us you the cost of doing so is your responsibility. We recommend that you use a delivery service which insures the value of the order as the plastic remains your responsibility until it reaches us at:
The Plastic People Returns
221 Pontefract Lane
You have the right to cancel your order for any item purchased from The Plastic People for a full refund except bespoke, cut to size shape orders made to your specific specifications. If you wish to cancel your order please email email@example.com, quoting your order number, within 7 working days of the day after you receive the goods.
If your order has already been processed when you email us, you will need to return the goods to us.